Standard Terms & Conditions
- Installation Work:
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671:2018 Amendment 2.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- All reasonable endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard.
- Customer to provide appropriate welfare facilities and access to parking whilst onsite.
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, etc) are not included, except as outlined in 1 above.
- Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
- Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
- Extras and Variations:
- a) All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:30 hrs – 16:30 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate of £45 per hour for domestic work and £60 per hour for commercial work (during standard hours) excluding any applicable taxes plus materials.
- All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate.
- Risk and Title of Goods:
(a) The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the customer upon delivery.
(b) All goods supplied shall remain property of CPJ Electrics Limited until all sums due have been paid in full.
6. Additional terms for supply and/or install of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Charger must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else
- The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have a electric vehicle charger point installed at their home. If you wish to apply for this grant we will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you.
- Your application for OZEV grant is subject to a number of terms and conditions which you must agree too inorder to process the grant. If the grant is not successful due to incorrect information/statements form yourself after we have invoiced you we shall be entitled to reclaim any discount afforded by the permissible grant
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/…
- Warranty on the supplied electric vehicle charging equipment is provided by the manufacturer not us. We will register the product on your behalf.
- CPJ Electrics Limited warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by CPJ Electrics Limited, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
- Electrical work that is notifiable to Building Control under Part P of the building regulations also has an insurance backed warranty from the NICEIC. The financial limit placed on the remedial work is £25,000 for any one installation per period of insurance and the warranty is valid for a period of six years from the date of completion of the original work. Please see niceic.com for full details
(a) If specified in the estimate a 40% deposit of the total estimate/quotation cost is required prior to work commencing.
(b) Payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works. Goods supplied shall remain property of CPJ Electrics Limited until all sums due have been paid in full.
·Detach and return or accept the estimate via the Statement Link on the accompanying electronic estimate
I confirm my acceptance of the estimate ref. …………………… dated …………………………..
I understand that the estimate is subject to the terms and conditions as outlined above and current at this date of acceptance. I confirm that full payment will be made to CPJ Electrics Limited upon completion of the work.